Medion MD95700 (DVB-T)
It is supported by LinuxTV (although, not completely; see below).
The following drivers are needed for these devices:
- cx22702.ko - dvb-usb.ko - dvb-usb-cxusb.ko
The analogue part (handled by a Conexant CX25842) is not supported yet. The cx25840 driver from ivtv can be used to implement support.
|Device / Model||Type||Hardware||Firmware||URL / Pictures|
|Comments & quirks|
|Medion MD 95700 4in1||USB2.0||Conexant CX22702|
|The box also has a X10 remote control. This is radio, not IR, and is supported by the ati remote driver. It also has a USB2.0 hub (Tetrahub) with one additional USB port. Both of them are working without mains power.|
There is a new firmware, version 18.104.22.168, for the MD 95700 from Medion. You can download it directly:  (in German). Please read the Readme before you flash the box.
This update fixes some video problems, but it is incompatible with the old dvb-usb drivers (i.e. kernels from 2005). If you use your box under Windows, don't forget to ensure that the Windows drivers are up to date too.
Distro-specific note: Using the Medion MD95700 with Suse 10.1
please review this text ... thanks!!
On a Suse 10.1 default smp kernel, the driver module dvb-usb-cxusb.ko is missing. The USB box can not be used without building this module. The sources of this driver are in the files drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/cxusb.*.
The driver for the Medion MD 95700 is referenced in newer kernel configuration as "Conexant USB2.0 hybrid reference design support". Yast uses the term "Conexant DVB-T reference design".
To build this driver:
- Install kernel-source, gcc, ncurses and optional kernal-syms
- cd /usr/src/linux
- Optional copy the current kernel configuration: cp /proc/config.gz .config
- Enable the build of the missing module:
- make menuconfig
- Device Drivers -> Multimedia Devices -> Digital Video Broadcasting Devices -> Conexant USB2.0 hybrid reference design support -> build as Module
- Build either the the whole kernel inluding modules or this single module. The build process is described in /usr/src/linux/README.SUSE
- Install the module(s)
- Load the module using "modprobe dvb-usb-cxusb". On reboot, the module should be automaticallly loaded if the box is connected.
- The devices /dev/dvb/adapter0/* should be created on module load
- Configure the box using Yast -> Hardware -> Tv Card -> Add -> Other -> Conexant DVB-T reference design
- Install and configure your favorite DVB Tv application
Note: The current Suse kernel source "22.214.171.124-0.13" has the new dvd-usb drivers included and therefore can handle boxes flashed to the firmware 126.96.36.199.
Todo: Configuration of the X10 RF remote control receiver and applications