Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick (2001e)
Model number 2001e.
Works (only one tuner!!!) with LinuxMCE 710 (kernel 2.6.22-14), and V4L device drivers from the V4L repository (as at Oct 8 2008). Using an antenna splitter and plugging it into both antenna sockets makes a working TV picture start to break up. Removing the antenna does not help, the tuner seems to "get stuck". This may be a problem with the AGC in the unit. This has been tried with both force_lna_activation=1 and force_lna_activation=0.
NOTE that you must have 2 antenna leads plugged into the unit to get both tuners to work! One into the end, and one into the small coax connector on the side of the unit (using the adapter supplied).
Reported as working (except for IR receiver) 2008-06-17 in linux-dvb mailing list by Ingo Arndt using kernel 2.6.24 with tuxonice-patches http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=121373651224728&w=2
Some information lifted from David Hausheer's web pages http://hausheer.osola.com/docs/34
- Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick requires the following kernel modules: dib7000m, dib7000p, dib3000mc, dvb-usb, dvb-usb-dib0700. These modules are available in the latest Linux kernel. Under Debian the following kernel package from Debian lenny (testing) is needed:
- $ apt-get -t testing install linux-image-2.6.24-1-686
- Download the firmware:
- $ wget http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/files/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw
- $ cp dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /lib/firmware
- $ ln -s /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
Manufacturer's (mostly useless) link- don't expect to find manuals or details here!