Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick (2001e)
Current information for Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick (2001e)
Model number 2001e.
Probably best to avoid this tuner if possible.
Is partially and intermittently working (sort of) with Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14, SMP). Tuners may sometimes fail with "I2C write failed" messages in the system message log (dmesg), and "tuner failed" message in mythtv. Some more info about this at . It may only be possible to have 1 tuner out of the two working, as the errors seem to happen when both tuners are active.
Need to have device driver module options set as follows.
# file /etc/modprobe.d/pinnacle.conf # options for Pinnacle dual diversity USB stick (2001e). USB ID via usbpci command 2304:0229 options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1 options dvb-usb disable_rc_polling=1
Older information follows- may be out of date
Works (only one tuner!!!) with LinuxMCE 710 (kernel 2.6.22-14), and V4L device drivers from the V4L-DVB repository (as at Oct 8 2008). Using an antenna splitter and plugging it into both antenna sockets makes a working TV picture start to break up. Removing the antenna does not help, the tuner seems to "get stuck". This may be a problem with the AGC in the unit. This has been tried with both force_lna_activation=1 and force_lna_activation=0.
NOTE that you must have 2 antenna leads plugged into the unit to get both tuners to work! One into the end, and one into the small coax connector on the side of the unit (using the adapter supplied).
Reported as working (except for IR receiver) 2008-06-17 in linux-dvb mailing list by Ingo Arndt using kernel 2.6.24 with tuxonice-patches http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=121373651224728&w=2
Some information lifted from David Hausheer's web pages http://hausheer.osola.com/docs/34
- Pinnacle PCTV Dual DVB-T Diversity Stick requires the following kernel modules: dib7000m, dib7000p, dib3000mc, dvb-usb, dvb-usb-dib0700. These modules are available in the latest Linux kernel. Under Debian the following kernel package from Debian lenny (testing) is needed:
- $ apt-get -t testing install linux-image-2.6.24-1-686
- Download the firmware:
- $ wget http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/home/files/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw
- $ cp dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /lib/firmware
- $ ln -s /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw /lib/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
Manufacturer's (mostly useless) link- don't expect to find manuals or details here!