The device works well under Linux.
This interesting embedded device runs Ubicom's own ipOS RTOS. It is capable of supporting both 8-VSB (ATSC) and 64/256-QAM (SCTE 07 Digital Cable) sources. In addition, the IP3023/ipOS combination is capable of providing hardware PID filtering.
Rev. 1 models have device numbers of 1012xxxx & lower, and contain:
- twin Thomson DTF8640B NIMs, which feature
- the Zoran/Oren Cascade2 digital demodulator (CAS-220)
- an Ubicom IP3023 RISC network processor
- a Davicom DM9161A Fast Ethernet PHY
- a 4Mbit SST 39VF040 multipurpose flash IC (houses the Ubicom ipOS RTOS)
- 7.2W max power consumption
Rev. 2 models have 1013xxxx & higher, and contain:
- twin JINXIN UVS1805BDMW1 NIMs, which feature
- Micronas DRX 393yJ digital demodulator
- 4.5W max power consumption