Difference between revisions of "Talk:Dvbscan"
m (Talk:Scan moved to Talk:Dvbscan: name ... separating the 3 different frequency scanning tools, as this has become a confused and muddled article)
Latest revision as of 03:42, 20 April 2009
scan vs dvbscan
Both in the package dvb-apps in Ubuntu, and in the source I downloaded from http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps, there was both a program
dvbscan. They were not the same, and only
scan worked on my TechnoTrend C-1501 DVB-C card.
dvbscan output Unable to query frontend status. I did not know I also had a
scan program, and spent about a day trying to understand the source code for
dvbscan, before I saw some forum post using
scan, and tried that.
w_scan also did not work.
w_scan -f c -x gave (after some time) ERROR: Sorry - i couldn't get any working frequency/transponder Nothing to scan!! dumping lists (0 services).
kaffeine worked at once. So please make it clear that (at least for now), a disfunctional
dvbscan doesn't mean you system doesn't work. Nils Grimsmo 21:16, 24 March 2009 (CET)
BIBcom 3000p tuning failed
I installed hopefully all necessary drivers and firmware for a DIBcom 3000p DVB-T device on OpenSuse 10.2 system with 2.6.18 Kernel
dmesg says registered and looks fine for the hardware.
My triel ends with no result from dvbscan
I use the local definition from de-Ruhrgebiet for the channel definition.
Do I have all necessary drivers installed for the Kernel ? What can I do to test more ?
- CityK 04:12, 29 March 2007 (CEST)
- Was there any message about the device's firmware being loaded in dmesg?
- If that isn't the problem, then my other quick thought is that you have an issue with reception via the antenna.
- Anyway, you should subscribe to the dvb mailing list, or the #linuxtv irc channel and describe your problem -- you will get much
- better support there. The wiki sees low traffic and/or use, as well as being not particularly appropriate as a forum for user troubleshooting
- (whereas the m/l or irc channel are ideal).
Thanks for quick info. I will join the dvb mailing list #linuxtv irc channel
The problem is that everything looks ok.
1. dmesg accepts the device including firmware 2. dvb-t works without any problem on XP , therefore no problem with the antenna. 3. the directory dev/adapter0 ... is there 4. starting kaffeine even notice the BiBcom 3000p 5. dvbscan scans with the result tuning failed 6. I checked the local channel list de-koeln-bonn , de-ruhrgebiet and compared it with the
local definitions , seems to be ok
7. tzap even don´t give any result , always in status 0000