I am Alexandre-Xavier Labonté-Lamoureux, a software engineering student at ÉTS in Quebec, Canada.
I have a lot of experience with the following programming languages:
I am a power user of Windows and GNU/Linux. I got rid of Windows in 2017 and now use Debian as my only operating system.
I have a lot of interest in the V4L driver and I'd like to contribute. I bought the following hardware:
- EasyCaps (I have a bunch of them, including UVC and Somagic ones. Those that use the USBTV007 chip work best.)
- August VGB100
- UVC2900 (Oupree UVC2900 / Mine Vcap 2900)
- Ion Video 2 PC (TM6010 chip)
- Ion Video 2 PC MKII (EM2860/EM2861 chip)
- StarTech svid2usb23
- Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500 23552 (Dual tuner)
- Plextor ConvertX PX-AV100U
- Diamond VC500
- ADS Tech DVD Xpress DX2 (go7007 driver)
- Dazzle DVC-80
I really like to volunteer to work on free software (libre) projects, share my knowledge and help other people. I spend a lot of time writing documentation on wikis and helping people debug their projects. I have a passion for reverse engineering because I like to understand how things work.
My native language is French.