Difference between revisions of "Webcam devices"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:02, 24 January 2006
- Video for Linux resources -- see Video: Security / Webcams / Monitoring
- For USB webcams, see also video devices in the USB device overview database
(alphabetize by driver)
Most of these are out-of-tree kernel drivers
- cpia -- first generation of STM's Color Processor Interface (ASIC) Cpia
- Included in mainline kernel
- Supports a large number of USB devices by Aiptek, Creative, Digicom, Dynalink, Ezonics, Intel, Microtek, Pace, SuperCam, TCE, Terracom, Trust, Utobia, ZoomCam
- Supports some parallel port devices by Creative, CVideo, CU-SeeMe, Digicom, and ZoomCam
- Supports the QX5 USB microscope (see patches from 2005-04-30), Swann Versacam MINI webcam, and other devices using the second generation of STM's Color Processor Interface (ASIC)
- meye -- the Sony Vaio PictureBook Motion Eye Camera Driver
- Included in 2.4 and 2.6 kernels -- see documentation
- Supports the second version of the MotionEye camera (PCI vendor/device 0x136b/0xff01)
- A driver for the third version is being written, see r-engine below
- pwc -- the new driver
- Aims to support Sony Vaio Picturebooks (model PCG-C1M* and newer, PCI vendor/device 0x10cf/0x2011)
- Supports webcams based on the sq905 chip, such as Volcano DG640E, Nexxtech Micro Digital Camera, Umax (Yamada) Astranugget; may work with Mito DG640E, Mitek CD10, Mitek 30P, GTW Electronics/ ShuoYing, Industrial(ShenZhen)Co.,Ltd SY-2102, Condord Eye-Q Easy / Eye Q Easy Too, Che-ez Snap, Hercules DualPix, Argus DC-1512, DC-1510, Gear to go, Magpix B350, Jenoptik JD 350, Concord Eye-Q Easy, PockCam
- Sonix SN9C10x
- stv680 -- SANE backend
- Supports webcams based on Sunplus Sonix Transvision Z-star/Vimicro Conexant Etoms chips
- from various vendor Aiptek Intel Creative Logitec Labtec Mustek ...
- Supports webcams such as Aiptek Pencam and Digital Dream l'espion
- Supports Creative Webcam Go and any W9967CF or W9968CF based USB cam
- Supports the webcam mode of cameras based on the ZR364xx chips from wendors like Aiptek, Concord, Creative, Genius, Maxell, Fujifilm, Ricoh, Pentacon, Mustek, Konica, Umax etc.
There is some support for various cards with several video inputs and one bt878 processor chip; if you know about these, please supply more information.