[linux-dvb] Re: Audio/Video Sync after remultiplexing

Axel Gruber writes:
 > If anyone knows another Multiplexer for Linux pleas contact me by Mail.
 > (i have tryed MPLEXLO, MPLEXHI, MPLEX(from LEO), VCDMULTIPLEX, STREAMPLEX)

OK, I worked on the remux program this week and I got it so far that
ZDF and ARD are much better now. There is still the occasional video
buffer underrun, but audio works fine and synching also seems to be
ok. I will check the new sources into the public CVS as soon as
possible. You can use it with : remux <filename> PESsize buffersize*x
or like this :    remux PESsize buffersize*x  < <filename>
E.g. remux zdf.mpg 2048 1 >/dev/video, also works, so there is no long
wait for remuxing. I haven't tested vary large files yet, because I
haven't recorded any.

If you vary the PESsize you get different results, also depending on
the original file. The buffer multiplier is not that influential, was
just for testing. It's not perfect yet, but better than nothing.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de