[linux-dvb] Bug in Driver or VDR or my Setup ?!?!

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc writes:
 > - tuxzap works to switch channels but I can't watch encrypted channels.
This is because the new API doesn`t support the decryption yet.

 > - replaying of AV_PES Data isn't possible (cat foo.pes > /dev/video) On the
 > first try the screen goes black and the log is reporting "dvb: Playing
 > AV_PES" .. on the second try the screen don't go black but the log report
 > the replay again
 >
 > - record (cat /dev/video > foo.foo) doesn't work either ... it just
 > produced 0-byte Files

No idea how this could happen. What kind of system do you have?
Any other v4l devices?

 > - When I start VDR the following happens:
 > --- it crashes after switching to the first channel (looks like it crashes
 > immediately before displaying the EIT information)
 > --- and the driver resets but don't complete the init .. (the convergence
 > logo is displayed - disappears but the TV remains black)
 > LOG:
 > commandrequest error
 > dvb: ARM RESET
 >
 > - When I compile VDR with the DEBUG_OSD=1 parameter (used to display the
 > OSD via NCURSE instead of the real OSD) the following happens:
 > --- it runs but does not display EIT Information
 > --- watching encrypted channels isn't possible too
 > --- replaying isn't possible
 >

 > well I don't think that the driver nor vdr is full of bugs ... there must
 > be something I made wrong.
 > I hope somebody can gimme a hint where I should check my box.
 > I need the second output because SVHS is used for TV and the composite goes
 > to a RF Transmitter enabling me watching sat in my bedroom .. multiplexing
 > the composite signal doesn't work for me the picture gets too much
 > saturation after multiplexing.

Again, those are very strange things happening there. Are you sure the
hardware is not damaged?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de