[linux-dvb] different picture size

prakash writes:
 > 1)I just recorded the streams(using NAPI) from fashion tv and tv tunisia
 >   and tried to playback with a standard decoder(mssg). The decoder says
 >   the picture size is 480x576? Is this size correct, if so, how is it
 >   displayed on the normal television?  How does the DVB card handel such
 >   format?

The MPEG-Dekoder on the card automatically scales 704x576, 544x576, 480x576,
352x576, and 352x288 to 720x576 in PAL.
In NTSC it scales 704x480, 544x480, 480x480, 352x480 and 352x240 to
720x480.
Other formats cannot be displayed as full-screen pictures by the card.

 > 2) Is it possible to have multiple dvb cards on the same system to receive
 >    multiple streams from the same satellite(freq), if the hardware does
 >    not allow(as of now)?

Yes, you can use multiple DVB cards.
But you can also get multiple streams from one card. Just set the appropriate
filters. Due to the bandwidth limitations of the data paths on the
card (from hardware to ARM, from ARM to DPRAM, from DPRAM to PC
memory, ...) you cannot select too many filters without problems however.
If you want the complete transport stream from one transponder get a
data-only card like the Technotrend-Budget or the WinTV-Nova.

Ralph

---