[linux-dvb] burning SVCD

Hi,

if you check out the latest version of remux (attention: av_pes2any is
now mpegtools) you will find, that it works better now, but is not yet
perfect. I tried creating an SVCD with remux and vcdimager (version
0.5.9alpha1). vcdimager didn't not complain and WinDVD (arrgh I had to
boot the other OS) recognizes the SVCD burned with cdrdao and plays it
(yuhu). Then I tried it on my Yamakawa and nothing happens (doh). The
Yamakawa recognizes an SVCD, but it doesn't play it.
So I tried Nero to burn the remuxed file (again that rebooting
stuff). That also works with WinDVD, but nothing happens on the
Yamakawa.
I tried it with 2 different MPEG2 files. One was created with the BMK kfir
MPEG encoder hardware set to the correct SVCD specs and the other was
recorded with the DVB card with slightly incorrect resolution and
sound, of course. WinDVD played both, Yamakawa doesn't like them.

Anyone got any idea why this happens? How could I test the SVCD to
find the error?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de