[linux-dvb] Re: burning SVCD

Hi Marcus,

normaly the Yamakawa should work fine with svcd's .. in your case it even
recognize the CD type but don't replay it ... I need some additional
Informations about your Yamakawa:

What Software revision do your Yamakawa have ?
Is PBC turned on or off ?

To see the Softwareversion of your player use the following code on your
remote:
Setup / Slow / Skip Left / 3

Do you have a commercial SVCD or another MPEG2 File to test the SVCD
function of your player ?

Greetings
Stefan

                    "Marcus O.C.
                    Metzler"                  An:     Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc
                    <mocm@netcologne.d        Kopie:  linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                    e>                        Thema:  [linux-dvb] Re: burning SVCD
                    Gesendet von:
                    linux-dvb-bounce@l
                    inuxtv.org

                    11.01.2001 02:56
                    Bitte antworten an
                    mocm

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc writes:

 > Hello Marcus,
 >
 > The recorded Streams does not work correct on the Yamakawa without
 > recoding, because the bitrate is too high (some stations about 3.6MBit
and
 > some up to 6MBit) and the SVCD Spec say something about 2.6MBit
including
 > Sound.
 > Did NERO complain about the File not following the SVCD Spec ????
 > As far as I know NERO saves the setting about the "not standard SVCD)
once
 > you checked it ... beware !
 > If Nero does not complain the SVCD should work nice on Yamakawa (715
here),
 > I tested it several times here by my own ..

I used a file recorded with the BMK kfir encoder card. The Bitrate for
audio and video was set to the SVCD specs and Nero didn't complain.
What else could be wrong?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de