[linux-dvb] Re: Sync between AUDIO/VIDEO

Axel Gruber wrote:
> I want to RE-ENCODE the STREAM (TRANSCODE) to a lower BITRATE) - i use the
> MPEG2_MOVIE packet (in it is the well known MPLEX Multiplexer)
> Then i REENCODE the Video to a lower BITRATE and then the AUDIO-Stream
> with this package. - The Quality of the video i also very good ! - i have tryed
> to reencode a 670MB file to 280 MB - Video-Quality is OK - so everything is
> allright - but the Problem is the SYNC !

I believe it's a bug in mpeg2_movie.
I used its mpeg3cat program recently to concatenate
some MPEG movie files and the resulting file had
a broken A/V sync also.

In one instance, mpeg3cat also broke the file entirely.
I could narrow that down to a test cases where I did an
   mpeg3cat old.mpg > new.mpg
and new.mpg was 100MB larger than old.mpg.

I tried reaching the author, but he never answered my mail.

Cheers, Carsten.

---