[linux-dvb] Re: Set-Top-Box

Hi Andrea,

* Andrea Segato <andrea.segato@csp.it> [20010112 16:06]:
> I'm trying since a lot of time to get in touch with
> convergence.de people to try or buy their Set-Top-Box,
> but I never got an answer.

while I'm unclear about why you didn't get an answer from us, I'd like
to clarify one thing: convergence itself doesn't build Set-Top-Boxes,
but rather develops software for digital television, client side as well
as production/broadcast/server side.

Our cooperation with various hardware vendors has not yet resulted in a
product available in the market, but we'll sure be showing something on
CeBIT and IFA.

> We are delivering fully Mpeg2 compliant stream (Program Stream)
> and we'd like to test our solution with this Set-Top-Box in
> educational environment.
> Does anyone of you help me?

you can test the software currently used on our development boxes using
one of the DVB cards from Siemens together with the driver available on
linuxtv.org. Currently, this is our reference hardware as well as our
only publically released implementation of the DVB-API. Hope this helps.

> P.S.: I'm writing in this ML due to the converge.de people
> existing on it.

I'd love to know which address you used to try to contact us and where
you found it. Perhaps there is a problem which requires to be corrected,
but didn't come to our attention until now.

Feel free to contact me with any non-technical questions anytime, but
I'd love to see technical questions on the list, so the problems and
solutions reach more of the people actively working on it.

Sincerely

   Count

---