[linux-dvb] Re: eon now working!

Matt writes:
 > I asked about EON sometime ago and for interest EON replied.
 >
 > The cards that they use are..
 >
 > The DVB card contained in the Entertainment Box is a Technisat B2C2
 > (Sky2PC).
 >
 > Has anyone any info on these ?
 >
 > It seems that most people here like the Siemens and Cloned cards.

It is not a question of liking the card. It is just the only type of
card where a manufacturer (Siemens) supported the creation of open
source GPLed drivers (although one should mention the manufacturers
of the clones did not but still profit from them).
All others offer GPLed wrappers with binary only cores or no
drivers at all.

 > Is the Technisat B2C2 ) Sky2PC card a TechnoTrend type card ?

Do you mean the "Skystar 2 DVB" ?
No, AFAIK this card is not a Technotrend type card.
I don't even know what kind of PCI bridge and tuner it is actually
using. Does somebody have this card and could have a look at the
labels or the output of lspci?

Ralph

---