[linux-dvb] Re: Questions about dvdplayer

Hi...

Paul Lacatus wrote:

>         Yesterday I have bought a cheap 6X dvd-rom unit, a GD-2500 BXH+ from
> Hitachi. I am using Mandrake 7.2 original 2.2.17 kernel and 0.71 dvb
> driver. Last night I have managed to make dvdplayer to work. I have some
> questions about this :

>         2.  After about one hour the movie stops. Looking in the archive of the
> list I found that is a problem with the 2.2.17 kernel. 2.4.0 will solve
> the problem ?

Yes it will. This is a know bug (so called dvd capacity bug) and solved
in 2.2.18 and 2.4.0-test8 and newer kernel versions.

>         3. The AC3 stream is decoded by the dvb card too ? In this case how can
> I use the four speakers on my Sblive card. Is there a possibility to use
> the spdif connection between dvb card and sblive ?

The AC3 stream is not decoded by the dvb card. If you have some
programming skills then the right way would be to decode the ac3 data
and to LPCM and to send it to the DVB card or to your soundlbaster
(downmixed to 2 channels).

I assume, that there are no good solutions to use four (or more)
speakers with dvd playback right now under Linux.

Bye... SP.
--
Szymon Polom                              polom@convergence.de
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de