[linux-dvb] Questions about dvdplayer

	Yesterday I have bought a cheap 6X dvd-rom unit, a GD-2500 BXH+ from
Hitachi. I am using Mandrake 7.2 original 2.2.17 kernel and 0.71 dvb
driver. Last night I have managed to make dvdplayer to work. I have some
questions about this :

	1. I have some glitches periodically on the image. Hdparm -t on my DVD
drive shows 2.9Mb/s. If I set hdparm -d1 -X34 even on -t option I have
the same speed the glitches quite disappear and remains only some
macroblocks that appear quite sometimes. Is the speed of my dvd unit the
problem?

	2.  After about one hour the movie stops. Looking in the archive of the
list I found that is a problem with the 2.2.17 kernel. 2.4.0 will solve
the problem ?

	3. The AC3 stream is decoded by the dvb card too ? In this case how can
I use the four speakers on my Sblive card. Is there a possibility to use
the spdif connection between dvb card and sblive ?

	Paul

---