[linux-dvb] Re: Questions about dvdplayer

>	3. The AC3 stream is decoded by the dvb card too ? In this case how can
>I use the four speakers on my Sblive card. Is there a possibility to use
>the spdif connection between dvb card and sblive ?

It's not the best idea, but for now i use the analog-output of the dvd-card
and feed it back into the SBLive. Using the alsa-pcm playback (not the
digital loopback) i can get 4 speakers alive - it might not be spdif, but it
certainly sounds better than plain analog out.

try: mute your CD-analog (or where you connected the DVB-audio) and

arecord -s 44100 -o2 -f16|aplay -s 44100 -o 2 -f16

you have to set appropriate Rear-Volume using e.g. "gamix" (quite low!), as
the analog-out of the dvb has a to strong signal.
But it gives a very big latency, that's why i use a hacked "latency" utility
(that comes with the alsa-lib as test/util) instead.

---