[linux-dvb] Re: Questions about dvdplayer

Szymon Polom wrote:

> What kind of video disturbances do you mean?

    I have some glitches periodically on the image and interrupts in sound. It
appears like a deformed image in the lower black band over the subtitles for a
frame .
    Hdparm -t on my DVD drive shows 2.9Mb/s. If I set hdparm -d1 -X34 even on
-t option I have the same speed the glitches quite disappear and remains only
some macroblocks that appear quite sometimes. Is the speed of my dvd unit the
problem?
    In the options of the dvdplayer is an option to skip some sound samples
but I don't understood how to use it if this is the problem.

    Paul

---