[linux-dvb] Re: Questions about dvdplayer

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-2" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

Paul Lacatus wrote:

>     I have some glitches periodically on the image and interrupts in sound. It
> appears like a deformed image in the lower black band over the subtitles for a
> frame .
>     Hdparm -t on my DVD drive shows 2.9Mb/s. If I set hdparm -d1 -X34 even on
> -t option I have the same speed the glitches quite disappear and remains only
> some macroblocks that appear quite sometimes. Is the speed of my dvd unit the
> problem?

If speed is the problem you can put dvdplayer output to a file and then send it to
the DVB card:

touch tmp
dvdplayer -a 0 -c -f /dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob -d tmp
cat tmp > /dev/video

>     In the options of the dvdplayer is an option to skip some sound samples
> but I don't understood how to use it if this is the problem.

Use this option if you have sound without interupts and if you have video
disturbances only with Dolby Digital 2.0 streams.
For example option -j 10 sends 99% sound samples to the DVB card.

Matjaz

---