[linux-dvb] ATSC/DTV question

Keith Craigie writes:
 > Hi there,
 >
 > Now I know this is the DVB mailing-list ... but now that ATSC is more
 > available, is there plans to start a parallel project on linuxtv for
 > supporting the American standard?  Also, if anyone knows any links to
 > projects/mailing lists for ATSC, I'd appreciate their passing them on.

According to the ATSC specs, it looks similar enough to DVB that a lot of
the DVB software can be reused for ATSC.
There are some differences in the hardware as well as the specifications
for service information. But I see no reason why the DVB API we are
using for our driver could not be used for ATSC as well.
I would welcome any discussion on this.

Ralph

---