[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC/DTV question

ATSC uses VSB8 modulation so you'll need a new tuning driver (just the same
for DVB-T which uses OFDM+QAM/QPSK) - note DVB-S which uses QPSK.
(Practically this is compiling with new or improved frontend.c and .h)

Some of the DVB and ATSC SI tables are common (because they are both based
on MPEG TS) and some are different so here's another place for work (VDR
guys?).

I am not an ATSC expert so I can't tell you exactly how ATSC encapsulates
IP, but I guess you'll be needing modifications to demux.h and more
significant ones to demux.c (as you might expect).

Naturally, it would be great if the same API handled all DTV methods (anyone
interested in the Japanese system?) so thanks to those who want this
challenge.

Good luck!!!
Rod.

PS For those confused: ATSC is the North American 'equivalent' for DVB-T.
DVB-T is the terrestrial (i.e. standard antenna) version of DVB - the rest
you can work out for fun :)

---