[linux-dvb] Virtual Samba FS

Hi there,

I still try to get an MPEG2 stream over ethernet and watch it with a
Windows(!) standard DVD player.
I'm following 2 approaches.

1) Sending a TS/PS from the DVB card in a linux box with RTP or
similar on the network to a Windows machine.
I was recommended VideoLan but the receiving machine needs to
be a Windows machine, but VideoLan is Linux only.
Do you know a viewer like WinDVD etc. which is able to receive
streaming data? Did anyone implement any system where you
watch TV with a "standard" DVD player on a Windows box while the
this stream is coming over ethernet from a linux box.

2) The second approach is: If I cannot find a Windows DVD player,
which can read streaming data, can I make the stream on the linux
box look like a virtual file. Then I could hook a player on it using
Samba.
The first idea was to use a ramdisk to avoid disk traffic and a fifo
kind of file. The named pipes that come with linux didn't work, the
player couldn't hook on it.
Anyone tried something like that?

Thanks
Joachim