[linux-dvb] Re: Driver 0.8.1 and encrypted channels

> I have now installed the new driver 0.8.1 and have noticed this:

so did i.

> When i watch encrypted Channels and switch an channel - i not always get the
channel i want.

same with me. but mostly on o*f[12]. it seems that vdr (?) ignores the apid
and/or vpid (even with the prog-id SET and unchanged from version 0.7)

example:
when i directly switch to o*f1 (channel 1) from any channel but orf2, everything
works fine. but when i change from o*f2 to o*rf1 sometimes the pictures goes
away and i hear the audio from another channel, or the picture AND audio stays.
or.... any combination you can imagine. ;)

> with the Old driver (CVS-Version) i have no problems.

same with me.

> I have heard the the new driver donīt need the PRO-ID Number of the Channel
> - so i have deleted it - but no better result :-(

when i heard that, i tried to watch encrypted channels with my seca ci. this did
work and still works (expect from some weird "outcommand errors" after restart
of the whole computer - after "restart" of the dvb-drivers it mostly works
allright). BUT i never could change the language to something other than the
original language. playing with the audio pids had no positive result. i changed
the audiopid (apid +1, +2, +3) and left the vpid unchanged. result: now with
drivers 0.81 the video signal is encrypted, and apid+1 gives the same audio as
the original settings, but apid increased um 2 or 3 does.nt give anything else
but silence (and not the expected 2nd language). :(((((

so: did anyone manage to change the language on the seca encrypted channels to
anything else but the original version???? (rem: changing the lang on
unencrypted channel works!!)

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@gmx.at>
<icq 2802639>