[linux-dvb] Re: a fast TS2PS converter...

hi!

excuse my question, but WHERE can i find the programs (ts2pes..) you are talking
about?!?
i.d love to get a demuxed stream i can use to make divx videos with.
i.m desperately looking for ANY solution (linux/windows) to convert the output
of the new dvb 0.8.1 driver to something i can use with flaskmpeg.... :)

thanx, regards

Johannes Schoeller
<schoeller@gmx.at>
<icq 2802639>

>  > is there any (simple) tool to convert a filtered transportstream
>  > (video+audio) to a programstream? it's like ts2pes i think, but not
>  > exactly...
>  >
>  > the problem of mpegtool in this case is that it's simply too slow (i
think),
>  > i want to convert the stream in realtime on a 66Mhz PowerPC-processor :)...
>  > that's the problem, and maybe the C++-stuff is slowing down that thing too
>  > much. (piping the output of a pid-reader just produces 99% cpu load and
>  > nothing usable ;)
>  >
>  > another thing:
>  >
>  > TS2PES just extracts the two pes from the stream, it doesn't create any
>  > headers like "pack" and "ps maps" etc.?
>  >
> Try "cat ts_stream | ts2av_pes |av_pes2ps "
> That should be faster and avoid the C++ buffer problems. The ts2av_pes
> only takes the first audio and video pids from the PAT and PMT, so you
> may have to change that. You have to be aware that the resulting PS may
> not be well muxed depending on the incoming TS. The headers also do
> not reflect the true buffer sizes.
>
>  > i want to have a valid PS after the conversion (maybe playable with the
>  > windows-mplayer2 (using some mpeg2-directshow filter)), so i think these
>  > headers are required, or am i wrong?
>  >
> The windows player should play it. The programs mentioned above use
> the same routines as the driver for those transformations.

---