[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC/DTV question

> On Dec 30. 1999 David Auld of TeraLogic asked for interested Linux
> developers for the Janus reference design on the Video4linux mailing list.
> I exchanged some mails with him at that time but it was not really
> possible for me to work on a driver lacking US TV reception.
> But they wanted to support Linux driver development. So, I am
> surprised that there is no driver yet.

I spoke to David Auld on the phone today.  He said there was no
Janus driver for i386 Linux, but that there was one for MIPS Linux,
targeted towards embedded devices.  He mentioned there wasn't any current
plans/development regarding supporting i386.  When asked about getting the
source to this driver, for the purpose of porting it to i386 (I didn't
mention open-source), he seemed to think this viable.

FYI,
Keith Craigie
Mediabolic, Inc.

ps.  Thanks for all the great info you guys have contributed.  I hope we
can work together to bring ATSC support into being (and relatively
soon, ;).

---