[linux-dvb] OT?: Hauppauge WinTV PVR card

Hi everyone,

This has a tenuous connection to the VDR program. :-)

Does anyone know if there are drivers working/being developed/on a todo
list/just on a wish-list for the Hauppauge WinTV PVR card?

For those who haven't seen this, it is a PCI card which takes analogue
TV in, and does hardware MPEG-2 compression before recording to hard
disk.

I saw the US version in Frys for ~$250, and have heard rumors about it
being available in Germany.  Obviously it's not going to be the dvb
drivers, but it does seem an absolute natural for the VDR program to
support it.

Just add a learning remote control (in & out) for control of a
TV/VCR/Set-Top-Box and you have an open source PVR for "normal" TV.

I could send this to Hauppauge, but I thought I'd ask the experts first.

Regards,

--

Paul

Email:	paul@paulbristow.net