[linux-dvb] mpegtools (remux,pes2aud_es)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9_Valentin?= writes:
 > Hello!
 >
 > I just tried the dvb 0.8.1 with the new mpegtools.
 > So I rcorded a stream (PS) with dd if=/dev/video of=test.ps and tried to
 > remux (remux test.ps 2324 2>test.mpg) it with the mpegtool.But if my
 > recorded stream is about 100M or longer, I often get a Segmentation Fault at
 > the same position in the stream while remuxing. The other thing is that the
 > remuxed streams always have some broken packets which make my reencoder die,
 > but I think that was discussed before.

Don`t use remux. It is not really done yet. I am still working on it.

 > The other thing is that if I use the pes2aud_es utility and I record a
 > stream for MDR Sputnik on Astra the stream is in general okay, but not at
 > the end. Then I record a stream from HR-XXL and pipe it to pes2aud_es, the
 > output is a lot to small (just 50k instead of 400k) and the stream is
 > totally broken cause of lots of illegal headers in the file. I don't if this
 > is a problem of the radiostation or a problem of mpegtools.

pes2aud_es a very simple tool. It just sorts out the audio PES packets
and strips the headers off. If the stream is incomplete it does not
check if the last audio frame is complete. I don`t know what could
cause the latter problem. I would have to look at the stream. Where
can I find HR-XXL (satellite, transponder etc.)?

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de