[linux-dvb] Little problem with gVideo

... writes:

 > Hi everyone on the list.
 >
 > I get this error message when i run gVideo provided with
 > siemens dvb drivers ver. 0.8.1
 >
 > -----
 >
 > [ dr_xxx:~/DVB/apps/gVideo ]# ./gVideo
 > setting dev to /dev/video
 > get window: Unknown error 515
 > get frame buffer: Unknown error 515
 > get tuner: Unknown error 515
 > get mbuf: Unknown error 515
 > msize: 0x00000000
 > Cannot mmap memory for snapshot
 >
 > ----
 >
 > my box is configured as follows:
 >
 > Debian Linux 2.2r2
 > kernel 2.4.0 (with NO "v4l" and "i2c" modules compiled)
 > Xfree 3.3.6 ( Can gVideo works with Xfree 4.0.x ?? )
 >
 > I compiled the drivers and gVideo successfully, i run makedev.napi script
 > and then i create this link:
 > /dev/video -> /dev/ost/video
 > but it doesn't work.

This is wrong. /dev/video is the v4l device that gvideo (and tuxview)
uses for the placement of the screen. /dev/ost/video is part of the
new DVB API (napi). It is used for playing MPEG files (e.g. by
ntuxplay).

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de