[linux-dvb] Re: OT?: Hauppauge WinTV PVR card

Paul,

There are drivers for the Kfir reference board, which uses the same
mpeg2 chip as the hauppauge PVR. You can find these drivers at
www.linuxtv.org/mpeg2

I tried to get this board, but never got any reply back from
BMK-elektronik.

So I bought the Hauppauge PVR, and I'm now trying to see if I can port
the kfir driver to this card. So far it seems this will be fairly
easy, but I've got very little time to work on this at the moment.

I've registered a project at sourceforge (pvr.sourceforeg.net), were
I'll put all the info I've collected about the card. (Softice logs,
connections between altera and bt878 etc.)

Niels

> Hi everyone,
>
> This has a tenuous connection to the VDR program. :-)
>
> Does anyone know if there are drivers working/being developed/on a todo
> list/just on a wish-list for the Hauppauge WinTV PVR card?
>
> For those who haven't seen this, it is a PCI card which takes analogue
> TV in, and does hardware MPEG-2 compression before recording to hard
> disk.
>
> I saw the US version in Frys for ~$250, and have heard rumors about it
> being available in Germany.  Obviously it's not going to be the dvb
> drivers, but it does seem an absolute natural for the VDR program to
> support it.
>
> Just add a learning remote control (in & out) for control of a
> TV/VCR/Set-Top-Box and you have an open source PVR for "normal" TV.
>
> I could send this to Hauppauge, but I thought I'd ask the experts first.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>
> Paul
>
> Email:	paul@paulbristow.net