[linux-dvb] Re: Broadlogic ABA-1030: Usable?

Hi Josh,

> PS Does anyone know who sells the Siemens or Hauppauge card in
> Australia?

I enquired about the Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s card at sales@newmagic.com.au
in January :

> > I'm really interested in purchasing a Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s PCI
> > card plus optional CA module, but didn't see it in your product
> > range on your web site, so was wondering if you are or will be
> > distributing the card in Australia?

and got the following response:

> This product has not yet been released here in Australia, we have not
> been given an exact date of release but we assume that Hauppauge should
> send us some stock in the next 2-3 months.  I suggest that you keep an
> eye out on our web site or email me again at some point in March.

I couldn't wait and just ordered the WinTV DVB-s PCI card and CA module
card online from Germany and being outside of the EU you don't have to
pay German VAT. I bought an Irdeto CI CAM locally as it was much cheaper
than in Europe. If you are ever thinking of watching Foxtel or Austar,
apparently an Irdeto 2.09 CI CAM won't work, but a 2.06 has no problems.
The 2.09 & 2.06 have no problems with Optus Aurora.

Doug.

---