[linux-dvb] Re: RTL2 & MPEG Data

Mario Goegel wrote:
> > That's the reason, reiserfs does currently support max 2GB.
> > Please use ext2 and you can save bigger files than 2GB.
>
> wow, that's a shock. I can't believe, that such a new filesystem
> has such a limitation ...

I heard that XFS 1.0 for Linux will be available RSN.
I've been working with XFS (under IRIX) for many years.
It's very reliable and performs great with large files.
In many ways much better than reiser.
And I believe the file size limit is 8 million TB.
See http://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs
Maybe Dieter knows when SuSE will include it in their
distribution.

Carsten.

---