[linux-dvb] Re: RTL2 & MPEG Data

Hi,

[XFS]

> I've heard, that it will be included in the next distribution, but ...

I got it yesterday and i think about an installation.. :-)

> Ok, here is a better solution:
>
> If you've installed a SuSE 7.1 (with bootkernel 2.2.18) you have a
> reiserfs partition with an old format (Version 3.5).
> With kernel 2.4.xx you can mount the partition with the option "conv"
>
> Ex.: mount -o conv /dev/sda? /video
>
> The filesystem will be converted to the new 3.6 format and supports
> large files, but you _can't_ use this partitions with kernel 2.2.xx!
>
> You need to convert it one time, of course.

Thank you for this great tip, i'll do that first - I'm using 2.4.0 now
for an while, so there's no problem with 2.2.xx

I saw yesterday, while rebooting my machine, some messages from reiser
about fs version 3.5 and for an second i have thought about this
possibility, but haven't found anything about this.

Thanks, Mario

---