[linux-dvb] Re: can't get tuxview/gVideo to work

Reinhard Katzmann writes:

 > Hi!
 >
 > Ok some news to the tuxview problems. Meanwhile I added some checks to the
 > program for the NULL pointer. This did not help :-(
 > I updated my kernel to 2.4.2-25mdk (which is a patched 2.4.2acx Kernel)
 > and XFree to 4.0.3-3mdk. I'm not using devfs currently.
 >
 > > > all seems compiled and installed fine (see end of this email)
 > > > I also have some expirences on the old Mandrake 7.2 (no problems)
 > >
 > > Same here.
 >
 > Here is my gdb output (dvb 0.8.2, modified tuxview, diff is in more far
Version 0.8.2 dosn't work with kernel 2.4.3. You need the latest CVS
version. Remember vdr doesn't work with the latest CVS version, yet.
AFAIK, there have also bee some problems with mdk (murder, death, kill
? :) ) kernels. You should use an official kernel from kernel.org.
If you like you can fix the 0.8.2 version. Shouldn't be too hard. Just
look at the differences to the CVS version.
If you have the new version of the Haupauge card (with the new tuner
and demodulator) you need the latest CVS version (0.9).
I would suggest, for making a clean test, you get the latest kernel
from kernel.org (or a mirror thereof), switch on video4linux and i2c
support, get the latest CVS version, and try to get the tux* programs
to work (not gVideo).

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de