[linux-dvb] Re: AW: any working config to support > 2 GByte Files ?!

Hi,

> > My main problem is now, how to get the files to my windows machine -
> > ftp or Samba doesn't support these filesizes - maybe I need a newer
> > Samba server...
>
> The Sambaserver does support large files, but not on a SuSE 7.1 :(

ok, that's what i thought - base kernel is still 2.2.18 on 7.1...

> We have a new package on our ftp server:
>
> ftp.suse.com/pub/suse_update/7.1/n2/samba-2.0.7-107.i386.rpm

ok, download started :-)

> or you can compile it on your own, if you have a 2.4.xx kernel
> installed.

That's what i tried, because i didn't saw the upper update on the
SuSE 7.1 Update Page and i was to lazy to look in your ftp server.

Ok, but now i don't have to think about this anymore... :-)

Thank you again,
Mario

---