[linux-dvb] Re: How good is the quality ?!

> I have only seen some snapshots in the internet - but how good is the
> quality of the
> live image and of the recorded playback. Is it as good as my digital
> receiver ?!
Yes - why not ?

The Playback-quality is the same - only Problem: at the moment you have the problem that you have small "jumps" into the picture - but this is only a multiplexing problem and iīm sure it will be solved.

> How good is the sound ?! Is it good for Dolby Surround?

The sound is good - but the Surrountquality depends on the bitrate of the AUDIOStream.

Best Example is Premiereworld:

The Channel "Premiere" uses 340kb/S Audio and Stereo - The Dolby-Surround is very good and realistic

The most other Channels of Premiereworld uses only 192kb/S and JointStereo - so the Dolby-Surround Signal for the REAR BOXES is realy bad and the CENTER is also not so good.

But this depend not on the Hardware (DBOX donīt make this better)

#

I donīt unterdstand Premiere - they want to send Digital Dolby - but they arenīt able to sent good Audio for "normal Dolby"

If you have further Questions you can contact me :-)

CU

---