[linux-dvb] The correct way to tune a channel

Hello Driver Developers,

I can tune a channel using the new API, but I would like to know what is the
"correct" way to do it.  By "correct", I mean the recommended order for
performing the various steps, and how/if I can check that each step has
completed successfully before starting the next one.  I don't like the idea
of inserting arbitrary "sleep" commands between the stages.

Also, what are the equivalents in the new API for the front.channel_flags
(DVB_CHANNEL_CA and DVB_CHANNEL_FTA) and the front.pnr parameters used with
the old API.

My tuning sequence is as follows:

1) SEC_SEND_SEQUENCE:(set tone, voltage and Diseqc):

if (ioctl(fd_sec,SEC_SEND_SEQUENCE,&scmds) < 0) {
   ERROR!
}

2) QPSK_TUNE (set frequency and Srate):

if (ioctl(fd_qpskfe,QPSK_TUNE,&qpsk) < 0) {
  ERROR!
}

3) call QPSK_GET_EVENT and wait for event.

4) If event.type is QPSK_COMPLETION_EV, then call DMX_SET_PES_FILTER to set
the Video, Audio and Teletext PIDs.

What checks can I perform to check that the tuning process is working happily?

Thanks for any help,

Dave.

---