[linux-dvb] minimum hardware for encrypted time-shift ?

Markus Schorer writes:
 > hi all,
 >
 > today i have a lot of questions ;-):
 >
 > what minimum (cost!) hardware do i need to build a dvb time-shift device
 > with ci-module?
 >
 > do i really need 2 dvb-s? one for recording + ci module, one for
 > viewing.
You need one dvb-s for recording. Playback can be done via another
hardware or software mpeg decoder.

 > a budget/nova won't help me anything? can we record the encrypted data
 > via a budget and decrypt it when we view it?

Sorry, you can't decode it afterwards.

 > what about creative dxr3? could this be used as a viewing frontend?

It should work. The problem may be that vdr does not support another
hardware option.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de