[linux-dvb] Re: NAPI & OSD? PAT, PMT, etc. Documentation?

Thorsten Krohn wrote:

> I am using SuSE 7.0 (Kernel 2.2.18) and dvb driver 0.8.2.
>
> 1. Everything works fine: I have written a small C-program
> to switch channels, which uses the NAPI. Now, I am wondering
> about the OSD. I cannot find any documentation about it. Is
> there anybody out there, who can provide me with some hints
> about the programing of the OSD (using the NAPI!)?

An OSD device was added to the new API only recently. You have
to upgrade to kernel >= 2.4.1 and get a current driver from CVS.
(or use the old API, but I don't recommend this)

> 2. I am searching for a detailed description of the
> Programme Association Table (PAT), Programme Map Table
> (PMT), NIT, CAT, BAT, SDT, EIT, TDT, RST etc. Is it
> available anywhere on the net for free?

PAT and PMT are in ISO 13181-1 (Part 1 of the MPEG-2 standard),
which is _not_ available for free.
The others are in ETSI EN 200 468 "Specification for Service
Information (SI) in DVB systems", which is downloadable from
http://www.etsi.org/
Additional informtion can be found in ETSI ETR 211 "Guidelines on
implementation and usage of Service Information (SI)".

HTH,
Johannes

---