[linux-dvb] OT: MPEG->DivX

Oh, yes. A very good question.
FlaskMPEG can only process ES and PS streams AFAIK. DVD2AVI is more
robust, you can also view the PES generated by VDR, but you get a lot of
disortions becasue DVD2AVI is not aware of the additional information.

I yust remember that Flask died whey I tried to use other MPEG stream
types than ES / PS.

Best is to re-multiplex with "mplex -t MPEG2 -o <outfilename>
<infilename>". It is part of the DVB-S driver. But you need some space
for temporary data, approximately additional 1.1 times the space. So if
your file is, let's say, 5GB, you will need about 10,5 GB. Best would be
to multiple diskdrives. One with the source file, one for the temporary
data and one for the final file.

Therefore I stay with VDRs filesize of 1GB. If you have one large MPEG
file, you can use vstrip or DVTool to split it at GOP size. You will
find them at Doom9 webpage.

So long,

Joerg-Oliver Todamm

---