[linux-dvb] Re: Galaxis-DVBsat card with pass-through

On Friday 13 April 2001  8:42 am, Frantisek Bocek wrote:
> The question is what "switched off" means for the DVB card, because AFAIK
> the PC must powered ON all the time to pass the signal to LNB OUT! I think
> there must be a such function in the software/driver which enables the LNB
> OUT.

I can't comment on how the LNB pass-through works, but I can answer your last
question.

There are the commands OST_SET_POWER_STATE and OST_GET_POWER_STATE which are
used to control the "on" status of the card.

I can't comment on exactly what they do - you will have to experiment.  Or
maybe someone else can help.

Regards,

Dave.