[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

On Sun, 15 Apr 2001 19:36:49 +0200, Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de>
wrote:

> Seldom maybe, but not at all useless.

I didn't want to imply that this is useless. ;-)

> I would guess that the real problem here is: Klaus already has
> three DVB-S cards, so he has not a lot of need for another card.
> As long as Klaus does not have a budget card, I would assume that
> he will not implement vdr support for it.

May be I should send him one? :)
I already thought about having one Nova card in may five card setup. The
other four have to be DVB-s because I need three for three independend
users and one for PW. So the forth card could be a Nova.

> On the other hand, if I understand the previous discussion on this
> list about the multplexing problems correctly, the budget card
> delivers a correct stream that does not have to be re-multiplexed
> to be 100% intact. Is that correct? Maybe THAT would be a much
> stronger argument for the budget card than the option of recording
> many programs simultaneously?

I am sure this is an argument. On ther other side the quality of the
DVB-s card is not to bad. I can probably live with that. The only
problem that annoys me currently is the OSD color change. I have to
reload to fix this.

> Also, is there a chance that vdr will simply work with the budget
> card as soon as vdr supports the new API?

As far as I understood this should be the case.

Emil