[linux-dvb] Found workaround with new DVB-s Card - to driver developers

Peter Seyringer writes:
 > Now i found out why vdr works one time. I think there is a problem while initalising the card. if i start the dvb driver with
 > insmod dvb.o init_chan=2
 > I get nt on my tv, after starting VDR there is nothing on the tv (black screen).
 > But if i playing with the start parameter and use one time
 > insmod dvb.o init_chan=0
 > (I think i must use initparameter 2 (at make insmod), 0,1,0) vdr works correct and change the channels in VDR. I doens't have patch the delay funktion in DVB.cc.

This parameter had no effects on the tests I did with ntuxzap and the
WinTV-Nova card (only card with new frontend I have). On the card with
AV7110 there could of course be timing issues in the initialization
which depend on the used frontend and only surface when an initial
channel is selected.
There is nothing I can do about this myself right now. Please send me
patches if you find out more.

Ralph