[linux-dvb] ci-module in standard-pcmcia slot?

Markus Schorer writes:
 > do we know how to use a (irdeto) ci-module in a pcmcia adapter?

I guess some do. There is an ETSI document describing this but I
think it is only available to DVB members.

 > do we know how to send an encrypted stream (maybe from a budget card)
 > through it?

I discussed this before on this list. The problem is clocking the data
through the module because your PCMCIA adapter is not likely to support
this in hardware. One would have to do the data valid bit toggling
and polling in software.
A fast PC should be able to do that for a single 5 MBit channel.

 > could the metzler-brothers (if we need it) release some information
 > (if not code) from the arm firmware, that handles this normally?

Code or information from the ARM firmware definitely not.
We are writing our own implementation of such code but I don't know
if and under which conditions we will be releasing it.

Ralph