[linux-dvb] Total sound loss during recording from ZDF.

Has anyone else recorded the SF movie "Contact" (starring
Jodie Foster) from ZDF on 2001-04-16 at 02:05h?

My recording was OK for a little under one hour.
After that, the sound was completely gone and did
not return for the rest of the movie.

Can this be explained with the inevitable multiplexing
problems Marcus described in an earlier post?

Why would the sound go away for good and not even return
an hour later? I would expect these multiplexing problems
to be of a more temporary nature?

If this cannot be explained with multiplexing problems,
what other explanations are there? (driver bug? vdr bug?
ZDF did not broadcast any sound after ~03:00 that night?)

Any suggestions welcome.

Carsten.