[linux-dvb] Re: Total sound loss during recording from ZDF.

Am Dienstag, 17. April 2001 21:08 schrieben Sie:
> I doubt that this really fits the situation, but I once discovered that ZDF
> is one of those stations sometimes changing the sound format - but I guess
> not in the middle of a movie. So I once recorded "Nightmare" - which was
> horribly cut - but that's a different story :-) so they switched the sound
> format from 192kbit/s stereo to - I'm unsure maybe 128kbit/s MONO -  just
> at the beginning of the movie and at the end right back to normal 192
> stereo. Many Programs for editing PVA streams or mp2 streams crashed when
> coming across these boundaries :-)

Mmm, if it's standards conform our standards conform driver/mplex should be
able to handle it under all circumstances ;-)

Anyway, have exactly the same problem as Carsten described, and mplex does'nt
repair it.

> I think you should analyze it further by demuxing the recorded file and
> checking audio and video seperately - and maybe "binary cutting" the
> recorded file after the loss of sound to check wether a demultiplex brings
> the audio back right after the loss point - understand ? What I'm trying to
> explain is: Cut the file into pieces. Take a piece which has no sound (from
> behind the sound-loss-point). Demux it. Check if there is some audio or
> not... Maybe thats what I wanted to say :-)

Did it: you are right, after the break there is no more audio in the stream
:-((
Driver bug or vdr-bug? (i'am still using vdr0.71b4/dvb0.81+ or so).