From: Carsten Koch [mailto:Carsten.Koch@icem.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 22:28
Cc: Linux-DVB
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Total sound loss during recording from ZDF.

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Did it: you are right, after the break there is no more audio in the
stream
> > :-((
> > Driver bug or vdr-bug? (i'am still using vdr0.71b4/dvb0.81+ or so).
>
> I can hardly imagine that it would be a VDR bug, since VDR simply
> shovels the data it gets from the driver into the file. It does look
> at the data to find the frame boundaries, but once it has syncronized,
> no data is dropped. So I would assume either a sound failure on the
> ZDF side - or a driver problem.

I checked the recording again - there is no sound whatsoever until
its very end. I had programmed some reserve time after the movie,
so my recording goes all the way to 04:40:01.
One would assume that the ZDF people would notice such a problem
within almost two hours. Hundreds of people would have called them,
even that late at night. So I guess we can almost certainly rule
out a sound failure on the ZDF side.

If this is a driver bug, I wonder if the other sound problems will
go away at the same time when it gets fixed....

Carsten.