[linux-dvb] Re: vdr process killed by closing x session ?

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Emil Naepflein wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:06:17 +0200 (MEST), Matthias Weingart
> <matthias@pentax.boerde.de> wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem. No idea why. Workaround - I never logout from X
>
> A better *workaround* is to start from /etc/inittab. I have put
> everything like reloading dvb drivers and restarting vdr into a script
> and start it from inittab. This way everything is completely initalized
> when doing a killproc vdr or vdr disappears because of other reasons.

Sure, I does it in the same way,  but a recording is interrupted; and
watching too; the better way would be to find out why! (I cannot
understand why X ist killing vdr or the drivers because X has nothing to
do with vdr nor the video drivers, very curious).

        Matthias