[linux-dvb] Re: vdr process killed by closing x session ?

Am Dienstag, 17. April 2001 21:02 schrieben Sie:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Emil Naepflein wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:06:17 +0200 (MEST), Matthias Weingart
> >
> > <matthias@pentax.boerde.de> wrote:
> > > I have the same problem. No idea why. Workaround - I never logout from
> >
> > A better *workaround* is to start from /etc/inittab. I have put
> > everything like reloading dvb drivers and restarting vdr into a script
> > and start it from inittab. This way everything is completely initalized
> > when doing a killproc vdr or vdr disappears because of other reasons.
>
> Sure, I does it in the same way,  but a recording is interrupted; and
> watching too; the better way would be to find out why! (I cannot
> understand why X ist killing vdr or the drivers because X has nothing to
> do with vdr nor the video drivers, very curious).

Right, i guess that application get's send some signal (not a vdr-failure
then), you can check by making some code into vdr's signal handler.

But anyway - i can do that without problems (vdr running in console, as well
as startet from withing xterm as daemon or by inittab, Xserver killing and
many more).

Suse6.4/7.1,vdr0.71b4 (unlikely that there where changes at that behaviour).