[linux-dvb] Re: Total sound loss during recording from ZDF. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:35:53 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jan Panteltje <root@panteltje.demon.nl>
To: Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Total sound loss during recording from ZDF.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I can hardly imagine that it would be a VDR bug, since VDR simply
> shovels the data it gets from the driver into the file. It does look
> at the data to find the frame boundaries, but once it has syncronized,
> no data is dropped. So I would assume either a sound failure on the
> ZDF side - or a driver problem.
>
> Klaus
There was no sound failure, I watched it too, sound was OK untill the
end.
I have gone back top VHS recording, really cannot use the driver
in its current form professionally...
audio gets out of sync, interruptions in pic / sound, sometimes
it just hangs... I gave up.
Is that Nokia thing with a harddisk on the market? does it really work?
Is there ANY configuration / card on the market that actually makes a
perfect recording?
I do not understand al this multiplex stuff, all I need is the original
sound and vision all undisturbed and in sync.

I think first priority should be reliability, forget al the 'special
features'
If it does not do the basic recording it is of no use.
And I think it is not a vdr problem, but a driver problem.
Also I think the new API does not show any sort of improvement atm.
Running the test routines well, I just gave up.
Regards
Jan